Long time no write! Irl stuff happens, and I haven’t thought or done any decent editing.
Regardless, this thoughts pop out nowhere and I just had to write it before it goes POOF!
Sapphire are known for achieving smooth movements with motion blur attached.
Yes, I’m talking about S_BlurMoCurve and S_Shake.
Back in the days people be like, “You can’t achieve that smoothness in Vegas!” Guess what, Sapphire makes it possible. So, I’d recommend people (who are as lazy as I am) to install this plugin. It is a top priority!
Why did you say it’s for lazy people? For one thing, I’ve tried remaking all movements done with Sapphire effect with only effects and features provided by Vegas itself. And I have to say it’s actually doable, but at the price of zillions keyframes for the scene itself, the video track it’s located, and good imaginations over 2D movements. Now, if you’re as lazy as I am, why bother the hard way, when there’s an easier and practical ways.
Other Sapphire effects worth mentioning are
- S_WarpTransform — kinda similar with S_BlurMoCurve minus the blur motion, but it has wider range of “transformation” option
- S_WarpBubble — for jittering text and animated border
- S_WarpFishEye — as the name suggest, it’s for pinch and bulge transition
- S_WarpChroma — to make vertical / horizontal chromatic abberation
- S_FilmDamage — flicker, scratches, broken tv effect
- S_Cartoon — useful for making outlines
I’m pretty sure I missed a tons of exceptional effects, but as I write this on a PC that’s not my editing gear, I can’t look up what I’ve known and also being a doofus I am, I prolly never touch a bunch of awesome effects.
So let me know if I missed cool Sapphire effects and I’ll prolly give it a shot.
P.S. In the future (of who knows when), I plan to post how I use a specific effect on my editing, kinda like highlighting what that effect can actually do.
P.S.S. It will be really cool if I post this on April Mop, but too bad, I’m too late :’)